Position: Language Research Assistant
Contract: 4 month contract, 2 days per week
Location: Haymarket, Gadigal Country NSW or remote
Who are we?
Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation aims to provide practical supports and meet the social, emotional and spiritual well-being needs of former residents of the Cootamundra Domestic Training Home for Aboriginal Girls (1912-1969), their families and descendants. We do this in a practical, holistic manner, in collaboration with community and funding partners, to address Stolen Generations and intergenerational trauma. We are governed by an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Board of Coota Girls Survivors and descendants, with strong connections to the community and a dynamic mix of experience.
About this new and exciting role
Girls Aboriginal Corporation has received funding to produce resources and activities that provide connection to Language and Culture for our Survivors and for their descendants in their home and school environments. These resources may include flashcards, posters, memory games, booklets, videos and more. This project will build on the foundation of work already gathered for the CGAC Online Language Hub.
We are looking for a Language Research Assistant who is dedicated to supporting Coota Girls Survivors and their families of their Healing Journey.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in collaboration with the Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation Programs Team to identify existing gaps in publicly available Language resources for each Coota Girls Survivors identified Language group
- Identify from already available list a key contact person for each Language Group (where possible)
- Connect with and arrange meetings with key contact person to gain permissions and to gather Language words and phrases needed for resources
- Identify any items that require copyright consent for use
- Gather Language content needed to fill gaps
- General research in relation to the development of resources
To apply, please email a current CV and cover letter to: Meagan@cootagirls.org.au